CHENNAI 600 025.
Applications are invited for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2013 to be conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamilnadu from candidates who seek admission to 1. M.B.A., 2. M.C.A. and 3. M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Degree Programmes for the year 2013 – 2014 offered at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional
Centres of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamilnadu. Some Universities and Self–Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in TANCET 2013.
Other State candidates can appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be fixed by the admitting authority / University.
Details of the eligibility criteria are available in Anna University website:
Application Form is common for all the three entrance tests. Candidates have to submit only one application. The candidates have to pay a fee of ` 500/- (` 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate in card format) as entrance test fee for any one of the programmes either (1) M.B.A. or (2) M.C.A. or (3) M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan.
If a candidate desires to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, he / she has to pay ` 500/- (` 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu).
REGISTRATION FOR THE ENTRANCE TEST (TANCET) 2013
(1) REGISTRATION IN PERSON:
Hall Tickets will be issued to the candidates who come in person to the following
Co-ordinating Centres with a copy of 10th Std. mark sheet and 12th Std. mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate) and cash or Demand Draft * (A single Demand Draft is sufficient for one or more programme) for the required amount towards entrance test fee.
1. Chennai - Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University
2. Coimbatore - Government College of Technology
9. Salem - Govt. College of Engineering
3. Chidambaram - Annamalai University (Faculty of Engg. & Tech.)
10. Thanjavur - Kunthavai Naachiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
4. Dindigul - Govt. College of Engineering
11. Tirunelveli - University College of Engineering
5. Erode - Institute of Road and Transport Tech.
12. Tiruchirappalli - Anna University Regional Centre
6. Karaikudi - Alagappa College of Engg. & Tech.
13. Vellore - Thanthai Periyar Govt. Inst. of Tech.
7. Madurai - Anna University Regional Centre
14. Villupuram - University College of Engineering
8. Nagercoil - University College of Engineering
15. Virudhunagar - Kamaraj College of Engg. & Tech.
(2) REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET:
The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tancet2013. The filled-in downloaded application along with the required demand draft* and photocopies of certificates should be sent so as to reach
Centre for Entrance Examinations,
Anna University, Chennai – 600 025
on or before 28.02.2013, by 5.30 p.m. The hall tickets will be sent by post. The applications received after the due date and time will not be considered at any cost.
* Drawn in favour of ‘The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University,’ payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalised bank on or after 01.02.2013.
DATE AND TIME OF ENTRANCE TEST:
Programme / Date Time
M.B.A./ 06.04.2013 (Saturday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
M.C.A. / 06.04.2013 (Saturday) 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
M.E./M.Tech./ 07.04.2013 (Sunday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
i) Commencement of Registration in Person / Registration through Internet : 06.02.2013.
ii) Last date for Registration in Person at Co-ordinating Centres and Registration through Internet : 26.02.2013
iii) Last date for Registration in Person at Chennai centre and receipt of applications registered through internet : 28.02.2013
Registration can be made at all the Centres on all the days as above between 9.30 am. and 5.30 pm. except on Sundays and Public Holidays.
For further details, visit Anna University Website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2013