IISER Thiruvananthapuram offers a two-month visiting students programme during summer 2014 to enable motivated students to work with IISER faculty. Bachelors and Masters students in science and engineering with an inclination towards research in basic sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) are invited to apply for the programme. Preference will be given to 2nd year BSc, III year BE/BTech and 1st year MSc/MTech (or equivalent degree) students. Application form should be filled by the candidate online on or before 24th March 2014 12:00 hrs. Two reference letters from teachers who know the candidate well enough to write with candor, detail and objectivity about the candidates academic and personal achievements and potential should be filled online directly by the referees on or before 24th March 2014 17:00 hrs. The candidates are requested to make sure with their referees that their reference reaches on time.
Selected students for the programme will be given a scholarship of Rs. 5000/-per month. Accommodation (between 15 May and 25 July, 2014) and Mess facilities will be provided at the same cost as that borne by the regular students. Selected students will be intimated by email.
General Application Instructions To The Candidates
- PLEASE NOTE: You will have to fill the form and click the Submit button only once. If your name is found twice and if you have submitted twice, the application will be summarily rejected, hence make sure you fill the online application form without mistake before you hit submit button.
After you hit submit on first page you will be taken "upload
files" section. On this online application page, all applicants have
to upload the following documents (in JPG/PNG/GIF format and each not
exceeding 1.5 MByte, 100dpi):
- Scanned copy of the recent passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of proof of Date of Birth (Birth certificate, X Standard Certificate or Passport)
- Scanned copy of 10th Standard/secondary school marks card and
- Scanned copy of Higher secondary +2 (or equivalent) should be provided and
- Scanned copy of Proof for studying in II BSc, III BE/BTech and / or I year MSc/MTech should be provided. II BSc students should provide first year marks sheet, similarly III Year BE/BTech students should provide II Year marks sheet and I year MSc/MTech students should provide UG III year mark sheet in the form of uploaded soft copy of the same.
- Scanned copy of applicants' signature
- Applicants will be asked to provide names, address and email address of two referees who can send the recommendation letters.
- All fields marked in * are mandatory. All applicants must upload documents (I to IV) above.
- On hitting the Submit button, the preview page will appear. If you need to Edit again, Click "Edit Application". If you are happy with the details hit submit.
- The page will give you a chance to change the "upload files" before you can finally submit by hitting the Submit button.
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email (to the email address provided by the applicant) with an unique number and a link to download the PDF file of the application form.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by e-mail.
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the programme.
Important dates for IISER-TVM Summer Visiting Programme May 15th, 2014
|Last date of the receipt of online application and references||24 March, 2014 [12:00 hrs (IST) and 17:00 hrs respectively]|
|Announcement of selected candidates on the Institute website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in||April 10, 2014|
|Receipt of e-mail Acceptance from candidate||April 20, 2014|